How Many Houses Do You Own?

☐ I don’t own my own home, but I do have my health.
☐ I own one home outright. (Mortgages are for the poor.)
☐ I own one really, really large home. I have a lot of stuff
     to go with the weight gain.
☐ Let’s see, there’s the weekend house, the Monday
     house, the third Thursday of every month house,
     the antique hand-hewn house, the hermitage, the
     slummin’-it house, the Big House, the commissioned
     brutalist house...
☐ How many homes do I own? Let me have my secretary
     get back to you.

(Lest we forget, any home with a mortgage is owned by the bank.)

Comments

Jenny said…
I live in a lovely and spacious house owned by the bank ... I am thankful to be able to pay my mortgage!
P.L. Frederick said…
I dream of the day I pay off the bank. I'll be 137 years old.
Rick Rockhill said…
Well we have mortages on two- both of which we bought for ridiculously low prices so I'm happy about that.
Flashtrigger said…
I was unfortunate enough to buy my amazingly overpriced home less than 3 months before the housing market crashed. I thought that we scored a great price, especially in Vegas where a home was known to push $550k, but we got it for far less considering the sellers needed a quick sale. (Little did we know, it was still way inflated.)
Now we're having to halfway remodel the entire thing just to be able to refinance...but as Jennifer W said, I'm thankful to able to pay my mortgage. I could be ALOT worse...
P.L. Frederick said…
Yes, as they say, no matter the ups or downs of home prices, there aren't many investments you can live in.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind