Poems, Poems, Poems

Over eons I add poetry to this page. But for now there is...


Parade
Wasps parade
round the rusty steel door.
Buzzing kazoo band
six stepping
in buoyant circles.
Last summer
their veteran parade marshal
stung me twice
for straying beyond the sideline.
She was tight waisted
black armored and expert
at the precise use of her long sharp baton.
I yelped away
scooted far away.
She accepted this apology.
Today
carefully shut
behind the safe end
of the creaky old door
I peek out
I admire
I know my place.


Walking
Walking carries me
And so I find myself,
step by step.


Ration(al)
Gray gravel path
Twines through green
A moment as brief
Trains to light


summer sundown ocean lobster blossom


red dalmation lady wingshell tippytap


Hearing See
seafoam bubble monster wiggle
seagull grinding wave machine
seagrass pebble pink'n
seaweed beaching
seaboomchurn
seasalt stiff
season
see


Canteen Horses
Canteen horses sweat out a muscle, pour out their little mouses
box and jab, lean punch a trail.



Between
A sponge in my mouth
barrier beach between thought and word.
For a thousand years
it has lain here
invisible in its forever.


Animal
Born bones
gravity built
pulled to
earth and grown.


Answer
Ask
and the door unlocks
ribbons untwirl
wind breathes, Open.
For the key, your key
is answer enough.


Long Waves
Long waves
brush singing cricket grass
trilling a part down center
braid against braid.

Comments

Icy said…
Parade is an very thought provoking and powerful piece. Good work.

Icy
P.L. Frederick said…
Such a kind message, Icy. Thanks very much for taking the time to leave it.
P.L. Frederick said…
Today, I added a new poem. Enjoy!
Rick Rockhill said…
"...barrier beach between thought and words" I like that

Popular posts from this blog

Shovel Trouble

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

You're On My Mind, For $1,000