Illustration Friday: Sprout


Here’s my homework for the weekly illustration assignment from Illustration Friday (IF website). The assigment is to illustrate “Sprout”. I uploaded a much larger image but Blogger likes this better, I guess.

While sketching fresh tendrils and other greenery I noticed how a flower atop its stem and a spider dangling from her web are made from the same basic shapes. A vertical line, an oval, and “sunshine marks” sprouting from the oval. The spider is an upside down flower. After saddling up the computer my noggin was on to how spiders and crabs are the same beast. Like if you dropped a spider into the sea she'd turn into a crab and a landlocked crab would evolve (devolve?) into a spider. This assignment sprouted ideas. And maybe a little romance, eh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very cute and colourful!
Thanks for your nice comments.
Anonymous said…
What a happy drawing!
Hellcat said…
Spider Crabs! YUMYUM
imwithsully said…
This would make a great desktop screensaver for my mac. Colorful, simple, and so cute. PS. Thanks for visiting my site and I've added you as a favorite blog. I chuckle at your jokes and so should eveveryone else!
P.L. Frederick said…
Thanks for your nice comments, everybody!

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind