Illustration Friday: Fortune

Illustration Friday: Fortune
Click image above for larger view

So you want your fortune read, huh? Well, given the popularity of franchises such as The Home Depot and Lowe's Home Improvement, I've moved to the do-it-yourself model. It saves you big bucks and it saves me from potential lawsuits should you decide to deviate your life from this bonafide, unchangeable, 100% accurate fortune.

Click the image above to see your fortune more clearly and to get instructions on how to intrepret it (you'll probably need to scroll to the right to see the whole shebang). Bring a solar-powered calculator, a basic understanding of icons and color theory, pretzels, a wool sweater, and for seeing into the future, a telescope.

This is my drawing for the Illustration Friday (IF website) assignment, this time to illustrate "Fortune". Sorry if it turned out kind of snotty looking. I was trying for a humorous Monty Python angle but, now that it's posted it's, well, it's not so much. But what's done is done.

Illustration Friday: Fortune

Comments

andrea said…
Hey -- I got the humorous Monty Python angle immediately. Thanks for the grin!
Wonderfully bizarre! Cool.
aeneadellaluna said…
Such a great illustration..love the theme! the colours the concept.. the free eye exame LOL very humorous indeed! thanks for your comment !
SLW said…
I love it! It's visually interesting and funny.
Anonymous said…
I love it! Wonderful play with color, shape and space, not to mention humor ;)
P.L. Frederick said…
Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone!
Anonymous said…
I like this very much. It's witty, great colors, great composition!

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind