Illustration Friday: Neighbor

Illustration Friday: Neighbor
Click image above for larger view

Whether it's a child's birthday party, a circus, or just for fun, wearing a two-person horse costume means someone has to be the back. Being a good neighbor means letting others go first sometimes.

Wish I hadn't made their armsies, eyes, and ears white—color contrast is too great. Maybe I'll change it tomorrow. It's been a couple weeks since I last participated in IF. Feels good to be back.

This is my drawing for the Illustration Friday (IF website) assignment to illustrate "Neighbor".

Illustration Friday: Neighbor

Comments

Ian T. said…
I really like that you've used a realistic horse outline for this, rather than a pantomime horse, and even though the people are puppet-like and cartoonish. The colour choices are excellent, though I do see your reservation about the white arms - maybe they suggest a skeleton? In any case, the horse appears to be in control - an attractive, catchy piece!
Janice Ykema said…
very nice piece.... I really like the concept.. and the way you execute it...
I agree... a lighter tone of that green might be less startling in terms of the arms...

Welcome back..
red-handed said…
This has a great toy-packaging feel.
arvindh said…
Haha that is a good illo! I have'nt been in the back like this - but I can imagine how difficult that must be.
What a great idea! Love the colors. Yea, maybe the white arms a bit too stark. I love the dotted like about the horse! And the message is good too! Well done.
studio lolo said…
Wonderful, fresh concept!
Anonymous said…
Very well done!
imwithsully said…
Yes, yes. I agree this would make great packaging. I missed this one... I'm glad I tracked back to see this. Great concept.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind