My Cartoon Collection (#2)

Favorite cartoony number two? A dog and cat duo from Mother Goose and Grimm's Mike Peters (grimmy.com). Click the picture there and a big version'll pop up in a new window.

If you have trouble following cartoon panels (that used to be me!) or aren't interested in clicking the picture, the drawing goes like this:

     Doggie: "Sniff sniff (pole). Sniff (fire hydrant).
     Sniff sniff (brick wall)."

     Cat: "Grimm, what are you doing?"

     Doggie: "I'm checking my p-mail."

Har har har! Funny animule drawings, the word pee, and a pun. If humans were as nose-centric as dogs there'd be more research and development money spent on perfecting something truly useful: Smell-O-Vision. Scented websites, mirrors, and movies. Think about the possibilities for truthful advertising: "No really, this movie does stink!"

If you like doing cartoons but can't draw, the Dayton Daily News newspaper has a weekly contest where Mike draws it and you caption it. Looks fun. Give it a try at daytondailynews.com/peters/content/opinion/peters/openmike. "Open Mike", as they call it, appears to run Saturdays through Tuesdays, with the other days reserved for voting. More on Mike (like I know the guy) at Wikipedia.

Comments

Sonia Singh said…
I've always thought that if dogs could talk, instead of saying 'I see what you mean', they'd say 'I smell what you mean'.
P.L. Frederick said…
Bark bark!*

(* Hey, that's smart, Sonia!)

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind