Want To Promote Your Blog? Comment Here

I Follow Commenting on blogs is a nice thing to do. It builds community, it lets the blog owner know who's reading, and you can sneak in a link to your own blog, which search engines count as a link and increase your blog's ranking. Everybody wins. Except—gasp!—I recently found out that Blogger, WordPress, and Moveable Type default to ignoring any links included in comments. I got the information from Randa Clay Design's posting on "I Follow" (go there). Explains it a lot better than I could.

I have updated Small and Big's code thinggies so that any comments and links you make will be noticed by Google and what-not. So add your comments to Small and Big and be sure to promote your blog or website by including a link. If you aren't sure how, here's an example:

I have enjoyed Small and Big more than my freshly grilled cheese sandwich!!!

Signed,
Jane Doe
<a href="yourblogurlgoesherestartingwithhttp://">Your Blog Name</a>


Then click the preview button to see what it looks like. You should see a link to your blog. If you don't see one then double-check your typing. When it's correct it'll be automagically turned into a link. And congratulations—you've just learned some HTML coding!

Comments

Not sure how the trackback thing works but would love to give it a try.

I must also thank you for bringing the megacute akagami hamster into my life (via cuteness overload).

Best, NH
Monomania Diaries
Anonymous said…
I've been promoting this for quite a while. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Happy to have helped you find out about this.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tidbit of information! I shall take a look into it
Anonymous said…
Wow! Thanks for this information. I had no idea and I leave my siggy in all of my postings.
I will research this further.
Adrienne
http://adriennezurub.typepad.com/link_addiction
P.L. Frederick said…
Please spread the word! Unless it turns out to be untrue/hoaxy, of course. And perhaps Google and the rest will rectify the issue on their own.

Just to sum up, these are the links for folks who've commented thus far:

Adrienne Zurub (Link Addiction)
Best of Brett
Freelance Cynic
Monomania Diaries
HealthyWebDesign

Thanks fer commentin'!
hawkins said…
I don't remember how I got here. But, my blog,

http://idea-book.blogspot.com/,

is better than a can of PBR.
P.L. Frederick said…
Well, Hawkins, I can't resist a promotion like that. I visited your blog and it's quite fun. I'm gonna add it to me links.
Suzanne said…
ok - have to try this. You have a very pretty blog, btw.

Your Blog Name
P.L. Frederick said…
Link Love – When your blog links to Small & Big, we link back to you. The quickest way to get in on the link love is to tell us. You can do so by leaving a comment notifying us on any Small & Big posting, or comment on our Link Love page. Even if you don't tell us we'll discover your lovely connection (probably on Technorati). But it takes longer.

P.L. Frederick
SMALL & big

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind