Downward Dog

Parched dust gloms to her fur
a mist of powdered straw dulls her dark overcoat
fogging up the shine.

Rolling in last year's stems
she's a farm dog now
wild fed, sand slept, flead, and full-time.

Finding adrenalin in the dirt
she twists quick, flaps into the wind
and blinks her one-walk-a-day, feed-me-twice eyes.

Barney the dog photo from www.whitehouse.gov/president/springatwhitehouse/07.html. Pretend that's dirt and dead grass he's rolling in and that he's a she. That makes it 'interactive' poetry.

Comments

wheatgerm said…
man this dog is cute
Anonymous said…
I love interactive poetry :)
Hi, your blog seems to be really nice!! Are you interested in exchanging links? My blog is at http://www.changingtechnology.blogspot.com/ and it’s about the latest gadgets and the technology used. Do let me know if you are interested. I too will put up a link to your blog on mine. Thanks.
P.L. Frederick said…
Yes, cute doggie!

Interactive poetry is better 'n active poetry!

Yes, yes! Anyone and everyone who wants to link to Small and Big, you hereby have my permission! (I added a link to your Changing Tech blog.)

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Three responses at once. This is my most productive weekend ever!

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind