My Cartoon Collection (#5)

Good comedy is all about snails... sheriffs... No, wait. Timing. Successful comedy is about timing.

Here’s another goody from Charles Barsotti and the New Yorker.

Three snails dressed as cowboys: an unshaven bad guy in black hat, a sheriff in white hat and star badge, and a bystander caught in the middle. I love the determined expression on the bad guy snail. The bystander says, “He’s long gone, sheriff—you’ll never catch him.” The bad guy is like ¼-inch away.

Is the caption humorous on its own? I think not. Is the drawing amusing on its own? It’s cute, but. So two unfunnies can make a laugh riot. Mathematics is funny that way.

Mr. Barsotti’s website is at www.barsotti.com. Go see more of the cartoonist Mr. Barsotti's funnies on this New Yorker page or buy stuff with this cartoon on it. Be quick about it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I chuckled on that one. :D

I like the snail's stubble especially.
P.L. Frederick said…
I'm afraid to think how the sheriff's badge is attached so I've decided it's a slime-on.

Popular posts from this blog

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

Shovel Trouble

Anizo 100% Reality Mind