My Cartoon Collection (#9)

Hah hah ha! What is there about talking animals? It’s my weakness. By animals I mean anything that’s got a face and isn’t human. Potatoes don’t count because they’ve only got eyes, present company excluded.

Two butterflies. One has beautiful butterfly wings. The other has a Mondrian-inspired geometric wing pattern, very exact. Mondrian asks, “But how will we raise the kids?”

The timeless question. Which religion? Which politics? Can a fine artist afford children? Who wins a Man versus Nature argument? And why is the Butterfly not called the Flutterby, because isn’t that what it does?

I wonder what they decided.

Go see lots of Robert Leighton's cartoons on this New Yorker page or buy stuff with this cartoon on it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tartan obviously...
P.L. Frederick said…
Ah yes, very good!
imwithsully said…
I say Jackson Pollock... although I don't think Jackson and Lee Krasner had any children.

Popular posts from this blog

Shovel Trouble

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

You're On My Mind, For $1,000