Illustration Friday: The Zoo

There's only one animal at the zoo for me: the giraffe. Even after all these years it remains exotic. Other animals are commoners. I mean, I can imagine owning a pack of zebra horses. I'd hitch them to a cart and haul junkmail back from the mailbox. Elephants are smart, just like my neighbors with their double-wide garage. Snakes are giant earthworms, with fangs. But the giraffe! Now that's a unique beast. That endless neck, that loping gait, those handlebars.

Besides admire it, what would a person do with a giraffe? Rent it out for necklace ads? I could never do that to somebody I look up to.

Illustration Friday: The ZooThis is my drawing for the Illustration Friday (IF website) assignment to illustrate "The Zoo".

Comments

sheree boyd said…
this is really sweet! like the limited colors - you can give giraffe's lotsa hugs b/c they have such long and friendly necks!
jon izen said…
Hey P.L!
Glad you got a kick out of my stuff. Your Zoo submission has a really nice feel. Pushed in the right way, and kept perfectly simple! I'll check back in the future!
So wonderful. In all its simplicity. I love it:)
Anna Lloyd said…
This is fun! I like the bright colours and Giraffes are also one of my favourite animals.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my entry.
Maureen said…
Awwww... love it! Your style is so great; love your drawings.
Paula Mills said…
love your long necked friend - thx for comment on my illi.
Unknown said…
excellent giraffeness
P.L. Frederick said…
You folks are making my day with these generous compliments. Tee hee! Thanks very much. =-)

P.L. Frederick
SMALL & big
Heather said…
Very clean and simple, yet so expressive. Thanks for your comments.
Nessa Dee said…
Nice and simple! Great illustration!

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind