One Bit Of Advice On Renting A Chainsaw

(Follow up to: How to use a chainsaw to get a chainsaw out of a tree.)

When at the chainsaw rental store, under no circumstance inform them why you desperately need one. Evade all questioning. I’m not instructing you to lie, mind you, but when cornered offer vagueness like, “Oh, you know, it’s for a tree.” What you do not say is that you’ll be using their dangerous handheld cutting weapon to get out another dangerous handheld cutting weapon you got stuck in a cherry tree. This would only cause them to label you an insurance risk, refuse to rent you a saw, and laugh so hard their teeth fall out. They will also get on the loud speaker to announce your predicament to other patrons, all of whom are expert tree cutter-downers because, after all, this is a chainsaw rental store.

Comments

The Pillager said…
I don't feel comfortable in those places for just that reason. I've read up on the job on google, I think I know what I want - if I mess up, I'd rather do it privately. Don't you just hate people who know how to do stuff!
P.L. Frederick said…
Yes, private practice with the chainsaw is preferred to ridicule. But not too private; should the unfortunate occur, keep someone on backup who'll transport you to hospital, not back to the rental place.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind