US Woman Gives Birth To Octopus

Mother and child, artist renditionBOSTON, Massachusetts | A woman gave birth Monday to a healthy 6 pound, 6 ounce baby octopus, doctors said.

The mother gave birth to a bottom-living cephalopod of the species Octopus mercatoris, doctors at Beth-Israel Deaconess Hospital reported. Hospital staff had expected to deliver a human boy and were surprised to discover eight tentacles and three hearts.

“My eyes were wide,” Dr. Susan Maple said, explaining her reaction to the birth. “For an invertebrate he’s large. But cute as the dickens.”

Hospital officials would not release any information about the mother, or whether she used IVF or fertility drugs.

It was an underwater birth.

Comments

What? Is this really true? I don't believe this. I don't know what to say on this. How is it possible?
P.L. Frederick said…
You say to-may-toe, I say to-mah-toe... You say oc-tup-lets, I say oct-a-pus... po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe, to-may-toe, to-mah-toe, oc-tup-lets, oct-a-pus... Let's call the whole thing off.

Popular posts from this blog

Shovel Trouble

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

The Thing About A Sting