How Do You Celebrate Your 100th Birthday? Oh, You Know, Maybe Some Hang Gliding.



They don’t call her Dangerfield for nothin’. Alice Dangerfield celebrated her 100th birthday by soaring 2,000 feet up into the blue, not on the wing of an angel but of a tandem hang glider. And yes, she wanted to.

“I’ve been in a hot-air balloon, and I’ve always loved to fly," Dangerfield said. “They hooked us up to a little plane and flew way up into the air, and then they just cut us loose.”

Her granddaughter said, “Now she wants to go kayaking... she said she can do it. I’m going to take her after she works on her arm strength for a while, so she’s been lifting soup cans to build up muscle.”

Full story on mlive.com. You go, Alice Angel!

Comments

Unknown said…
OMG! I don't think I can do this now! Rock on!
P.L. Frederick said…
Ditto! But then, seeing her so interested that she doesn't even need courage, I think... maybe.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind