Summer Comes To Boston, By Way Of Aaron Meshon


I love, love, love this June 13th cover for Boston Globe Magazine, by illustrator Aaron Meshon. It’s so vibrantly colorful I can almost taste it. (Colors do that to me. Yum.) Look how he put in the little people, on the dock there, they’re but color blots; and the heat, flowing Bob Dylan flame-style, outta the hot-dog stand; and the whale nibbling marshmallow sails. Why, it’s downright summery.

Except, I wonder — the guy driving, he sure is paying a lot of attention to something out the window (giant cooked-but-still-living lobster claw?) and not watching where he’s driving that blue Paul Bunyon-sized automobile. Will he mow down the little pointy trees, the ice cream ferris wheel, the living flowers?

Nah. He must be parked. Nobody messes with pink log slug. Go pink log slug, go!

Check out more of Meshon’s work at www.aaronmeshon.com.

Comments

aaron said…
Thanks for your lovely lovely comments about my Cover from last year! I did the cover today again...and I was trying to find it and ran across your amazing complements! I forgot to include a slug again in this one! darn! :)
P.L. Frederick said…
I know! I saw it this morning, Aaron. Was happily surprised to open the Boston Globe and see another wonderous illustration by you, Yay! Four bicyclists, a truck hauling a giant cheese tied on shoestring style, the apple-tomato being petted by a man, happy hat getting a row boat ride, love silhouetted in a pup tent, patchwork quilt fields. I could go on. Your work is amazing, just amazing Aaron. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Best to you and your work!

People, do check out Aaron Meshon's website at www.aaronmeshon.com and see more storytelling works.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind