Ponderous Chapped Lips

This morning I awoke to a magical case of chapped lips. Where do chapped lips come from? When the Sandman drops a dollop of sleep into my eyes at night does he make extra time to scuff up my lips? Using a course 50-grit grade sandpaper would do the trick. With a name like Sandman, he's suspect.

Or maybe Orphy the cat has been affectionately licking them at night (blog about Orphy). Who knows what's on his schedule whilst I sleep—once I awoke with him licking my underarm. That rough pink tongue is finely evolved for enthusiastically cleaning out ice cream bowls, hunting tuna fish on the kitchen floor, and cleaning meat from a freshly killed carcass.

I admit that I do lick my lips as I try using my noggin. (Facilitates the process.) Could chapped lips be evidence that I think too much? Hmmm. Have to think on that.

Whatever the cause, I smeared olive oil on my pucker. It works well and it's free when it's setting on the kitchen counter. With chapped lips, the key is to put something on your lips you don't want to lick. Sandpaper might work.

Comments

Stran said…
Hi there,

First of all i am sorry if i am bothering you.

I am currently developing a blog and want to invite you to be a member. The blog is about creating a story. Each member/player has to continue the phrase left unfinished by the previous member/player and develop a story leaving the last phrase unfinished so that the follower member/player continues. There aren't many rules and you are completely free to develop what you want when you post (as long as you follow the rules).

If you to know more please email me at littlenetstory@hotmail.com (i didn't put the address of the blog because i don't want you to think this is just advertisement)

Best Regards,

Stran
Cerella said…
I'm ADDICTED to chapstick!
Have a Happy New Year! :)
Daniel Thompson said…
I never think about chapped lips unless I have them. Olive oil has often provided relief for me, since I never seem to have chapstick

Popular posts from this blog

Shovel Trouble

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

The Thing About A Sting