My Joke Collection (#20)

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
—Sir Winston Churchill (Wikipedia)

Even if Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill hadn't been the United Kingdom's Prime Minister during WWII and the winner of a Nobel prize for literature, I'd still say he was a man of action and choice words. He shows great strength by publicly declaring a preference for the lowly pig. (And so far in advance of the mid-1980s miniature pot-bellied pig craze, too.) His simple yet profound oinker argument convinces me to move Porky Pig up a notch on my Warner Bros. scale. Maybe not Yosemite Sam level, but still.

In a backwards way Sir Winston compares people to pigs, saying we both like to have our backs scratched, to root around in rich brown earth for truffles, and to spend hot sunny days wallowing naked in the mud. I know I do!

Click here for more info about this joke collection thing. Young Winston Churchill image from Library of Congress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind