Mout'ing Off In Egyptian

All deep yearnings eventually blossom into a many petaled flower—a beautiful flower that is not a stinky giant "corpse flower" that blooms once every 100 years and smells like rotting carrion.

This time, my yearning has gotten me in touch with an ancient Egyptian side. Thanks to a simple and straight-forward online thingy, I learned the Egyptian zodiac symbol that symbolizes the many facets of Me-ness. As of this moment, right now, I confidently come out of the closet as Mouth, the ancient creator goddess who's yawp is heard round the world. Evidently that's why I tell complete strangers, "I brought you into this world and I'll take you out of it." Feminine power and all that.

Oh, wait. My mistake. My sign is Mout. Mouth, with an invisible, inaudible, nonexistent h. Crap. Whelp, a simple spelling error ain't causing me to start this post over.

Here are the stats.

Mout
Ironic, tremendous internal wealth, know how to rapidly connect with others, looks for paternal authority.

Colors: Male: brown, Female: red carmine

Compatible Signs: Amon-Ra, Thoth

Role: A creator goddess, she was the mother from which the cosmos emerged.

Appearance: A woman with the wings of a vulture, holding an ankh, wearing the united crown of Upper and Lower Egypt and also a dress of bright red and blue, with the feather of Maat at her feet.

Sacred Animal: Vulture


Mout, she looks pretty good, eh? Yeah, that's me. Sittin' there all hot and fine, holding fast to my commanding Toilet Plunger. That chair though—it needs a touch of comfort. You there! Fetch me my vulture so's I can put my feet up.

Here's some stuff I discovered on my own about Mout. The way I pronouce the word, it: 1) rhymes with trout; 2) rhymes with alfalfa sprout, and 3) doesn't rhyme with orange. Nothing rhymes with orange.

Long live me!

What is Your Egyptian Zodiac Sign?
Take the Test to Find Out.


I was hoping to do this post entirely in Egyptian hieroglyphs. Make you work for your reading. But alas, I do now know heiroglyphs, certainly cannot type them on this keyboard, and Google hasn't come out with a free online translator—here I cannot over-emphasize the word "free."

You can take another CyberWarlock quiz called What Tarot Card are You? I did! See my results at Apparently I'm The Sun.

Comments

Maureen said…
Well, it seems I am Bastet:

"You look for balance and harmony, anxious, devoted. Often rash and impatient.

Colors: male: yellow ochre, female: grey
Compatible Signs: Sekhmet, Horus
Role: Goddess of cats, women, and secrets
Appearance: Cat or cat-headed woman
Sacred animals: cat

Well, because I am also a Libra, balance and harmony fit me to a T. Devoted? Well, after 27 years of marriage, 28 years with the same employer, I guess I am. But "rash and impatient"???

Yeah, I'm that too...

But the best of all, since I have 2 cats that won't leave me alone, it's bang on too.

Kinda creepy that....

Maureen
I'd Rather Be Blogging
P.L. Frederick said…
Fine for you. You get cute cats, elegant cats, graceful cats. I, on the other paw, get vultures. (shudder)

Yes, I agree that a vulture is useful to the world. Eating up the dead things and what-not. But I refuse to cuddle with a vulture unless they're underneath a large hat and scarf.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind