Change Happens



There's a lot of change happening in New York City. I was in Rockefeller Center in late December and saw a whole lot of it—in 1¢ increments. That's because an art display called Penny Harvest was filled with money collected by elementary and middle school students. Those kids collected $1,000,000 in pennies for charity. One million. Dollars. In. Pennies. The display was as long as a city block: 165' x 30'. Here are a couple photos I took. Woo-boy, those kids made cents!



More at the website of the organizers: Common Cents.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow....what a marvelous idea. Small and Big indeed! For some odd reason I want to walk around in them....like it's a penny pebble beach. Thanks for the photos!
P.L. Frederick said…
Me too! The display was roped off but there were little kids standing and walking it, taking penny donations. The didn't sink in like I expected.

"Penny pebble beach." I like that!
Rick Rockhill said…
PL- this is very cool...and thanks for the link to it too!

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind