Heart Smartypants, A Luncheon Enounter

by
P.L. Frederick


FADE IN:

INTERIOR CUTE SMALL TOWN CAFE IN STOCKBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS - DAY

HORACE CHUMLEY sits at a table, reading the menu. He’s surrounded by Norman Rockwell posters, 1950’s collectibles, pumpkins.

WAITRESS enters.

                            WAITRESS
         What can I get for you today?

                            HORACE CHUMLEY
         I’ll take this chicken and spinach salad.
         You don’t have french fries, do you?

                            WAITRESS
                            (silence)

                            HORACE CHUMLEY
         French fries?

                            WAITRESS
         No. We don’t. We try to be heart
         healthy here.

                            HORACE CHUMLEY
         Oh.
                            (quietly)
         That’s so sad.

Waitress leaves with a professionally blank expression.


INTERIOR, FIVE MINUTES LATER - DAY

Waitress places two huge platters of food on Horace Chumley’s table.

                            WAITRESS
         Here you go.

Horace Chumley looks down at his plates. He looks at his heart. He looks at the waitress. He says nothing. Waitress leaves.

THE PLATE

is covered in glistening bacon, boiled eggs with overcooked blue yolks, chicken, and some spinach.

THE OTHER PLATE

is heaped with potato and egg salad. Lots of mayo.


                            FADE OUT:

                            THE END

A fun read: How to format a screenplay, but the Academy of Motion Pictures

Comments

Jannie Funster said…
Ah, ha, so it's either all that mayo, or the bacon plate -- but no fries? I happen to be a BIG fan of fries. But just once in a while do I indulge.

I stumbled on your blog while looking for uplifting ones. It's a breath of fresh air obviously, these days.

Maybe we can become blog buddies! You never know in this wonderful blogosphere who you will meet up with.

It is interesting that this post is linked to screenplays as I am writing a musical, just in the last week have started the storyboards for songs I already have done. And as the plot and character motives develops will write appropriate lyrics to melodies I already have. It's going to be called "I Need A Man."

Cool!
Jannie
P.L. Frederick said…
Ms. Funster, I shall accept your offer of palship posthaste. A new friend, and just in time for autumn: fabulous! I'll check you out over at www.janniefunster.com. Thanks for visiting Small & Big. Your note made my day! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind