How Big Are Houseflies?

HouseflySomeone got to this here blog after typing a question into Ask.com. Theirs is a cute, thought-provoking question and, since I respond to my readers with compassion and honesty, it is my privilege to answer it straight out:

Q: How big are houseflies?

A: My fingernail is the size of a cow.

You see, houseflies are both small, and big. They seem small, the size of a fingernail, but when you slowly sneak your eye in real close to observe one cleaning her face with her teensy hands, they look big. Cow size, with a cute fuzzy behind. So, the long answer is that houseflies are the size of the nail on my index finger and also of a cow. Using a variant of Pythagoras’s Theorem, a2 + b2 = c2, we arrive at the final answer.

You could see a different viewpoint at Wisegeek.com, but why?

See also: Why I Hate Flies | Fly image from GNU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind