Heavy Lifting

I do more work in there than he does.

Comments

Mason said…
You're doing the heavy lifting but he's doing squats. Or is that squat? Or is it squirt?
P.L. Frederick said…
Hm, that's true. I didn't consider that. Squats are difficult... Is working out the same as work? Is there a philosopher in the house?
Bill White said…
This reminds me of one of my favorite headlines from the Onion: "LIKE BOXES OF S#*T IN YOUR HOUSE? GET A CAT".

Hey, is Roz Chast an influence on your cartoons?
P.L. Frederick said…
Ar har har! I just read that to my Better Half and we're in tears. Our cat appears nonplussed but we will pay later.

I adore Roz's stuff. Some day I aspire to include the level of detail/pattern that she does. But... drawing is hard. I don't know how you do it. I have books of cartoon idea sketches but when I actually draw them out, well, it's like juggling, trying to keep all the flaming sticks and raw eggs and live tigers in the air. Phew! I end up leaving 86% of the stuff out.

Roz has been the featured bathroom reading in my home for months. Toilets also influence my cartoons. Her book, "Theories of Everything," is awesome.

Speaking of books, Hey, do you know you can request just about anything from any library, in the entire U.S., and they'll deliver it to your local one? I just learned that, and spend Friday nights checking out books and movies online, awaiting their arrival, and then traveling to the library to pick them up. That's how I first got hold of "Theories of Everything." My friend Alan told me that his friend received a library book all the way from Alaska. He's in Boston. Libraries are amazing. So is the grapevine. Oh, and a shout out to literacy.

I gotta cut down on the sugar water.
Lidian said…
I adore Theories of Everything, one of my fave books ever. She is fabulous.

And I love your cartoons too - this one has me on the floor laughing! Ain't that the truth.

And my cats must be doing some amazing aerobics in their boxes, because they seem to need 6 hour naps after each session...
P.L. Frederick said…
I hear you on the 6-hour power naps, Lidian. Be on the lookout for poo shaped like bunnies, clouds, or Lincoln logs. You think sculpture using the hands is difficult, try it thata way. Wayyyy without opposable thumbs.

And I very much appreciate your feedback on this cartoon. It's nice to know if they're working or not. Cuz, you know, there's not enough work going round.

Popular posts from this blog

Anizo 100% Reality Mind

You're On My Mind, For $1,000