Results Of Slasturd Contest

slas·turd  /ˈslæstərd /
A guy or gal (gotta be modern!) who doesn't pay his/her child support. See: “slacker,” plus “turd,” and the “s” in the middle, we all know what that stands for. Right?

Wow! It isn't every day a new word is defined. (Well maybe where you live, Dick Shunary, but not here in the real world.) A. Decker made a heroic effort against insurmountable odds, full of heart and maybe hangnails, to come up with thee perfect definition for the word slasturd. (Spielberg may option the story.) So I know you're dying to learn more about this Decker chap. He doesn't often speak to tabloids but, through fancy footwork, we have tidbits:
  • His blog, Resonant Enigma at resonant-enigma.blogspot.com, began on February 10, 2007. The break-out post was It Is the Truth..., with wisdom from Krishnamurti to Yogi Berra. I particularly like Ghosties & Clouds & Blue Skies. There's a great description of himself (but it could about be any of us): “As a kid, walking the tracks, I noticed it was easier to keep my balance if I didn't try. Out of nowhere, it occurred to me that the mind probably worked the same way. Then, of course, they sent me to school...”
  • His art blog, A. Decker Art at a-decker-art.blogspot.com, is full of amazing paintings, their rich darks brushed with warm color, like Moon Day and White Rock Pump Station, which also features prominently on Resonant Enigma. If you appreciate art, do poke around over there. All finished pieces are for sale.

Second place for defining slasturd went to ts611, who defined it as a spread for a Reuben sandwich. (Sorry ts611, but I couldn't locate your blog or website to link to.)

Two honorary mentions go to: the obtuse dresser (Johnny Cat) and the nerd (David Wasting Paper).

It was difficult to choose only one. You folks are hilarious. Thanks to everyone for participating!

For the back story on this contest, see “Slasturd” Should Be A Word.

Comments

Chris Sabatino said…
Thanks for checking out my blog, P.L. and the kind comment! You have a cool site here. I'll have to revisit when I have more time and take it all in!
Anonymous said…
Wow! P.L., that is lovely! I had no idea I could win SO MUCH! Or that I would beat David Wasting Paper. His definition was pretty impressive. AND I didn't even have to plug my new Art blog. You did it for me, better than I could have. Beautiful!

I am humbled.

Ahem! I would like to thank the Academy... ;-)

(Thanky you. Really)
P.L. Frederick said…
Folks, if you're into really cool, fun and funny comic-book type illustrations, be sure to check out Chris's art blog at chrissabatino.blogspot.com.

And congrats again to A. Decker, Wordsmith Extraordaire, and amazing painter to boot. Yet another plug for A. Decker Art and Resonant Enigma.

Only the coolest, smartest, most handsome and beautiful people comment on Small & Big.
Johnny Cat said…
That was nice to receive.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind