A Post From 2009 That I Totally Forgot About

I found my note below, from April of 2009, which I didn’t share on Small & Big until now.

As both my regular readers know, I recently graduated, and the proof is the Certificate of Completion from a cartooning course received one fortnight ago. Ahem. It was taught by Mat Brown (website) and it was most enjoyable. In it I learned to use a brush and ink and then lay in color, like this:
Rooster, in ink and color

Two completely new things for me. Along with meeting very nice, quite funny people (ha-ha funny, not strange funny), it was the most enjoyable class I’ve ever had. I learned more about drawing than at a traditional fine arts school program. You can quote me on that.

The moral of this story: If you ever get a chance to take a cartooning class, jump on it!

Convinced you can’t draw a straight line, let alone a circle? Read this.

Comments

David said…
I concur!!!
Anne said…
That drawing is awesome. I have absolutely no artistic talent so I am amazed that you can draw a rooster that looks like a rooster.
P.L. Frederick said…
Thanks, Anne. But don't underestimate yourself. You and everyone else who believes they "cannot draw", please read this: Drawing Right.

Popular posts from this blog

You're On My Mind, For $1,000

Anizo 100% Reality Mind