Some Caricatures I Drew On Sunday

Well, more of illustrations than caricatures really. But it's my style and it's fun to draw. This was my first solo caricaturing event, and the first time I drew two people on one paper. (A: Yes, drawing two people is 250% more difficult than drawing one.) I drew 30 kids or more at the Decibels event. As usual, the kids were sweet and adorable and patient and greatly costumed. Here are snapshots of some caricatures.



Two sisters, one a wee baby in a carriage



Two movie-star looking tween-teen girls



A ginghamed sister and
her brother dressed as Thomas the Tank Engine

This was kinda a threefer. I never thought of Thomas as creepy until I drew him.
Thomas, you're creepy.



I put the girl dressed as an iPod in the iPod
And added an app that stretches out the ear.



Two disabled children in wheelchairs
The boy had the most beautiful eyes, with long, long lashes. But if I had put them in he woulda looked girly so I left them out, except in my mind. What was wonderful is when I showed the kids their drawings, they both stopped thrashing about and just stared and stared at their likenesses. That was the best.



Two very earnest, very young veterinarians
We had a refreshing conversation on animals.


I was also privileged to draw the winner of the donut-eating contest. She was about six-years old and shared with me her secret: eat them in four bites.

Comments

P.L. Frederick said…
And although I see stuff on each drawing that I forgot to do, all in all I'm pleased. Plus I drew twice as quickly as last time: 4 to 6 minutes versus 10 minutes a drawing.

Okay, enough about me. Tell me something about you. :-)
David said…
Great job Paula! Looks like you had as much fun as the kids. Love that style!
P.L. Frederick said…
Thanks, Dave. Next time, you come with me!
Bill White said…
These really look great, Paula! I HATE drawing multiple people on a page. I especially hate when both subjects want an original caricature, so you have to draw the same 2 twice. Get a Xerox machine ya pests!
P.L. Frederick said…
It never occurred to me that I'd ever draw the same person multiple times per session, Bill. Let alone two people.

What's the most people you've ever drawn in an original real-time caricature?
Bill White said…
The most I will squeeze in is three. I try to limit it to two. I also only do one for two people. They have to fight over who gets (or has to keep) it later. Of course, that's at an event where I am being paid by the hour, and the subjects are getting the drawings for free. If it's a "set-up-and-sell" thing, I'll draw people for as long as they'll pay me.

Popular posts from this blog

15 Albums That Changed My Life, Not That You Asked

Shovel Trouble

Anizo 100% Reality Mind